The Save Mart Companies strives to maintain the highest standards of database integrity while providing superior service to our customers.
To avoid potential issues with ordering, service, and inventory, item changes must be communicated immediately to the appropriate Customer Solutions Merchant and an
Item Management Form
must be completed.
Please click here
for definitions of item types.
Because the case UPC is critical to proper Purchase Order and invoice transmission as well as warehouse receiving,
the new item set-up process must be completed for each change that will not be uniformly received across all of distribution centers.
Items submitted for approval by the Customer Solutions Merchant will be treated as "new items". The supplier will be required to fill out an Item Management Form
The following may result in item rejection:
- Using the same UPC case code for product that has changed
- Changing the UPC selling unit code without notifying the Customer Solutions Merchant
- Barcodes with compromised quality that will not scan
- UPC number not appearing on item (other than for random weight)
- Absence of physical product sample (click here for additional information)